Desk to Do


It's that time of year again. The Christmas party season. It's always an awkward one isn't it; having to get ready in your office toilets to go on a night out with a bunch of people you don't really know that well? That's how my experiences have gone in the past anyways. But let's face it, any excuse to get dressed up and have a night on the town is a good excuse, right? I'm going to show you how to minimise that last minute ''drinks after work?'' effort and show you how switching a few accessories up can be all you need, with the help of Debenhams.




 

The Outfit

Jumpsuits are perfect for daytime or nighttime dressing because either way they look super chic and classic. This little black number is dressy without being too OTT to wear to the office. It's got a really nice belt detailing and the culotte length bottoms give it a nice little modern and on trend feel. The thicker straps are also nice and slightly less revealing somehow. I decided to throw on a contrasting blazer which can work perfectly for the office but also for keeping you warm when you're walking round later on because I've found as a get older, I can't cope with the cold like I used to. If you don't want too much arm on show during the daytime, try a polo neck under the jumpsuit for a nice layered look or a chunky knit or shirt over your jumpsuit and voila, you're basically just wearing black culottes.

You can find all of Debenhams' top jumpsuits here.






The Accessories

Along with swapping a knit for a blazer, you can add some subtle accessory changes for a total outfit overhaul. If you're feeling brave, stilettos in the office can work. These court shoes are a statement without being too in your face and really fit well with the dressy office vibes so if you're toes can handle it, rock them all day. If you're like me and your work bag gives Mary Poppins a run for her money, ditch that for a cute little cross body bag. This one can also be changed up to be used as a clutch bag and it just gives the outfit a much more dressy vibe. Add some gold earrings and you're almost good to go...

You can check out all of Debenhams' selection of party ready bags here and their top shoe selections here.





The Beauty Regime

Now I don't go anywhere without a full face of make up on anyway, so this is my favourite part of getting ready to go out. You may have to fight over the one tiny bathroom mirror with your colleague but for me it's so worth it. I feel like I can really express myself with make up and I love seeing what looks I can come up with. My main feature here to really bring this look to a proper night out feel is a dark lip. I used Kat Von D's Lipstick in Cathedral to create a moody, wintery look. It's such a nice matte shade and lasts so well (perfect for all those drinks you're going to be sipping). I used Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner to create a more exaggerated liner look and the Make Up Forever Artist Face Colour to contour and highlight.

Last but not least, the scent. I am a huge perfume fan, I think it really represents a person and I love having a signature scent that I think that people will really remember. So I decided to go for Guerlain's beautiful new fragrance Mon Guerlain, which is inspired by Angelina Jolie. Mon Guerlain has hints of Carla lavender, santalum album sandalwood, tahitensis vanilla and sambac jasmine and smells just divine. Plus the bottle isn't just pretty, it's the perfect size to fit in my little messenger bag; the ultimate night time scent.




 

You can shop everything in this post by clicking the links below.

Outfit:


Make Up:

Benefit They're Real Mascara

*This post is in collaboration with Debenhams but all words, views and opinions are my own.

4 comments

  1. Great look, love this jumpsuit!
    Magda

    http://www.gloryofthesnow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read many blogs which base on differ topic for makeup kit. This assignment writer site tell us how we can safe the make kit for along time. Its important for get the good result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this outfit Olivia! Such a classy look and so elegant! The blazer makes it look so nice with that pop of colour!

    Isobel x

    http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/

    New video:
    https://youtu.be/IgPyz2gw1V8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got hooked on jumpsuits too! Collected quite a number of cool outfits on Pinterest, it looks like they are super easy to dress up and down, for Smartcustomwriting.com and for shopping. Can't wait to getting my first one from tailor!

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig