Holiday Blues

I have only been home from my second holiday of the year for 4 days, and I already want another one. Desperately. So when I was contacted by www.loveholidays.com to do a post on why us brits go abroad, I thought it would be perfect timing for me. 

Why do brits go abroad?
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I can't cope without at least one holiday a year. Even if it means saving all my annal leave and having no odd days off within the year. Going abroad is so worth it. Whether it's for sun, shopping or sight seeing, we al love a holiday. And lets face it, after what I think is one of the most miserable summers of all time this year, we need some sunshine more than ever. One of my main reasons for a holiday is the sweet bliss of anything between a few days or a few weeks off work. Heaven.

Planning a holiday
Even planning your getaway can be exciting. Whether you are just booking flights to somewhere or a full blown package, having something to look forward to (even if it's a year away) is always nice. I am hoping to plan a trip back to Florida next year, where I went and fell in love with 2 years ago, as you can see from my scratch map below. Try SkyScanner for searching cheap flights, which is what I use to look at flight price patterns. When looking for my Florida holiday, I looked to see which weeks in the year had the cheapest flights, then searched for package holidays on those dates, and they did work out cheaper. I will definitely be searching through www.loveholidays.com for my Florida package, if I can convince my boyfriend that Disney World is definitely not for children.

What to take?
I always over pack. I can't help it. Being a blogger and trying to keep to a 19kg bag limit AND having to share with your other half = not ideal. I hold my hands up and admit that on my way home from Marbella in June, I was that person in the check in queue desperately trying to shove my over the weight limit clothes and shoes into my hand luggage. Not cool. My top packing tips are:
  • Utilise your space - take the biggest hand luggage bag you can and place your heavier items in there. Hand luggage allowance is usually pretty generous and people seem to forget about this.
  • Divide your items - I always have at least one bikini, top, shorts and shoes in each bag, so if the unthinkable happens and you lose a case on your travels, you always have a change of clothes.
  • Be tight on toiletries - can you by these abroad? If so, do. You don't need that weight taking up valuable clothing space. If you can't buy online, decant your bits into smaller bottles that take up less space. And if you really want to go all out, just go mad in duty free!






Now, time to plan my next holiday. Disney, here I come! 

1 comment

  1. Some great tips! I've definitely got better at packing light. This map is pretty awesome! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig