New Years Eve


My favourite part of the festive season is the social calendar. Friends, family and partying. There's that many excuses to go out over Christmas and New year, so that also means numerous reasons to buy a new outfit for each occasion without feeling the slightest bit guilty. I mean, what else are the sales for huh?











Now if you ask me, the main event of the Christmas social calendar is New Years Eve. The perfect excuse to get your best sequin dress, your highest heels and your biggest false lashes out and just rock them all at once, full on Rihanna a la Met Gala. If New Years Eve isn't the perfect opportunity to go all out, I don't know what is. So I'm going to show you my take on New Years dressing, with the help of Debenhams and Call It Spring.

I was really feeling a kind of 70's vibe for this party look, especially with this floral print maxi dress, and this just proves that floral maxi's aren't just for summer. The beautiful billowy style of this dress mixed with the bold print and colours drew me in straight away and I really thought it was the ultimate party dress as soon as I saw it. I am obsessed with the colour and the pink flower print too. Plus, it matched my nails perfectly (love it when that happens). 







 
   



In-keeping with the 70's feels, I decided to go for this retro style black clutch bag with a gold handle from Call It Spring at Debenhams. This comes with a chain too but I preferred it as a clutch. I thought the style really complimented the dress, although the chain is super handy for that clutch bag arm ache that girls always get on a night out, no? The black contract next to the dress too was perfect to add some more grungy feels to it.

I decided to keep it simple with a pair of black court shoes from Call It Spring too. I have, I am ashamed to say, become a bit of a baby when it comes to heels these days and I can't cope wearing the stilettos and platforms that I used to venture out in. So this sort of medium heel height is perfect for me, still looking pretty without being unbearably high and uncomfortable to walk in.


*This post is in collaboration with Debenhams but all words and opinions are my own.

1 comment

  1. A good movie to see on New Year's Eve, so did I! I can't help but love the comparison actually so had to drop a star, but maybe that's because I'm a Brit.! Would Pay Someone To Do Your Dissertation recommend this to anyone who, like me, needs a good feeling film every so often.

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig