Dressing up a Storm


Unless you are another blogger, you will never understand the pain and frustration of trying to shoot in the midst of a tornado. Today made me realise that resting a coat on your shoulders may look chic, but when the wind blows and you're desperately clutching at your lapels, it's slightly less so. But when a coat is this slick, it's the only way it can be worn.










Dress - Coat - Earrings - Wallis  Shoes - Public Desire

This is the second part of my Party dress guide, and I've gone for a more of a classic feel with this outfit, courtesy of Wallis. I was given the task of styling up a look for the 'True Classic' brief; think LBD's, minimal detailing and old school glamour.

I decided to pick this retro style, slightly sparkly dress which gives a nice little twist to a classic LBD.  I loved the bell sleeve detailing which gave it a stylish, 70'a feel. Same goes for the high neck and keyhole, I just love it. I knew I wanted a classic coat to layer this up with to show that you CAN be warm and stylish on your Christmas night out. And how pretty and on trend is this Chloe military-esque coat? It looks mega expensive and feels it too.

I finished off the look with some minimal jewellery with these earrings and some simple but amazing strappy heels from Public Desire which are so pretty and less than £30! Check out all of Wallis' gorgeous and totally chic party dresses here and click below to shop my look!




4 comments

  1. Well hello beautiful! I would never have guessed this whole outfit was Wallis and that military coat is just a DREAM!! xxx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of the windy shoot, which I definitely understand where your coming from. You remind me of Binky Felstead by the way! You look lovely!

    Isobel x
    New post - http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/fashion-glamour-outfitters.html
    Blog - http://www.fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk
    Instagram - https://instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionistachic14-12984939

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look, you are right about the coat - it looks amazing resting on your shoulders. Also, you're so brave to wear heels like that in the Welsh countryside. X

    www.pearlberryjewels.com

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig