Buying an "IT" bag


If you read my previous Black Friday wish list post, you will notice that the top of my wish list was the Chloe Tess bag. And, in true Black Friday style, I decided to jump at the chance of a discount at Farfetch, took the plunge and purchased my new baby (still trying to decide if I should name her or not). The purchase did get me thinking a little bit about handbags. 'It' bags, more specifically.







Should you worry about buying an IT item?

 Buying expensive items isn't something I can or do do regularly. A handbag purchase is something that I have to invest in in both the money and mind sense. It has to be something that I know I am going to get my moneys worth, something that I think is going to last and something that isn't a fad. Spending a large chunk of money on one item is not always realistic and whilst I have done it myself, it's not a mean feat. 

This bag is definitely somewhat of an 'it' bag at the moment. It's current season, on the catwalks, on bloggers and celebs alike. But whilst something like the Balenciaga Tripple S trainers are also a total 'it' item, and boy do I want a pair, I knew that a) they are definitely something that isn't classed as 'classic' and won't be around in a couple of years time and b) are not a good investment (resale value of them is not very high). These are things that I always take into consideration when purchasing a designer item. I knew that I would absolutely get my wear out of this bag and it would still look great in years to come. 





When I purchased my first Gucci bag, the Dionysus, a few years ago I had been thinking about that bag every day for about 2 years. That was absolutely the 'it' bag of the time and I think my dad winced when he saw me hand over almost £1600 to the sales lady. But I had never felt happier or prouder of a purchase because I had worked hard for it and I had saved long and hard just for it. Almost 3 years down the line, I still get that feeling when I use the bag. It still goes with everything, still looks classic and is still in great condition. So yes, it may have once been an 'it' bag and may no longer be one but I still love it as much as the day I bought it. 

So if you're looking to buy your first, or second, or third designer item, then my advice would be to think about the longevity of it. Is it a fad or is it just an 'it'. Because if you're still using it years down the line, it's totally worth every penny. 

Jacket - Mango
Jumper - H&M (similar)
Jeans - Topshop (similar)
Shoes - Topshop
Sunglasses - Celine

5 comments

  1. Gorgeous bag, love it.

    www.cantiquejoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you like to tell me about its price? How much is this bag beautiful and unique in design, I will surely buy like this bag from the market
    Masters dissertation writing service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Sublimation Printers;You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet to learn more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://plasmacutterinsider.com/best-plasma-cutter-under-500/;I was able to find good info from your blog articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
    equine image

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig